CAST is an inspiring, specialist science academy for young people aged 13-19 years old. As part of United Learning we seek to bring out 'the best in everyone'. We equip our students with the ‘powerful knowledge’ they need to make a success of their lives and the character to become resilient in overcoming obstacles; to responsibly manage themselves; to work independently on things which challenge them and to work with others.
The college offers GCSE, A level and BTEC courses, along with unique opportunities to learn from working scientists, technologists and engineers.
Students work in state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities. Learning occurs in innovative and exciting ways, supported by CAST’s unique partnerships with business. CAST therefore gives students a head start into their future careers. Consequently, student results are strong, for example in 2019 Attainment 8 was 57.6 and students achieve well above national averages in STEM subjects.
We instil a workplace ethos, with a positive impact recognised in our most recent Ofsted inspection which stated that ‘the excellent behaviour of students in lessons and around college creates an environment in which it is a joy to teach and study.’
Staff feedback demonstrates to us that CAST is a great community to work in, with a supportive and collaborative culture that is highly valued. Staff have eight training and marking days built into the academic year. There are numerous internal and external development opportunities available to all staff.
We form part of the United Learning Cambridge Cluster, 5 schools who work collaboratively to further support our students through the quality of teaching and learning. We work as a team and achieve more, by sharing, than any single school could.
The college is situated in the heart of Cambridge’s Biomedical Campus, surrounded by world leading academic and commercial organisations which sponsor, support and contribute towards the life and work of CAST.
CAST is also supported by the Baker Dearing Trust as a University Technical College (UTC).
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme, meaning we will save together for your retirement
- Occupational sick pay, protecting you and your family
- Competitive maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits
- Over 250 employee exclusive benefits through our partners Perkbox, including access to discounted cinema tickets, holidays and gym memberships, car leasing and Cycle2work schemes
- Continuous Professional Development options that will be tailored to your needs
- A supportive team across the country
- Options for flexible working.
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Gym membership
- Eye test reimbursement
Working at Cambridge Academy for Science and Technology
- Excellent facilities and resources (on Addenbrookes Biomedical Campus)
- A work environment where students want to learn and develop their education
- Support to develop your career via CPD opportunities
- Free on-site car park for staff
What our staff say about working at CAST (Testimonials from 2021)